When forced to turn virtual due to the Coronavirus pandemic, America Votes was looking to capitalize on the opportunity by bringing together attendees and speakers from across the United States to open up dialogue and accomplish their goal of building progressive power across the country. Using Run The World gave participants of the America Votes State Summit the opportunity to interact with panelists and each other, while understanding the shared vision of the America Votes coalition through panels, fireside chats, and parallel breakout sessions. The organizer produced this entire conference via self-service with the help of easy-to-use RTW features and our free office hours.
By the Numbers:
- Three-day conference designed to inform and create interaction between attendees.
- Over 150 speakers from across the United States including high-profile speakers like Stacey Abrams and Trevor Noah to share insights from different perspectives
- More than 1,300 attendees with 10,392 interactions among them
- Over 8,000 emojis clicked during the sessions, showing how engaged participants were
- Over 40 sponsors are showcased
- The Opening Night included welcome panels to kick off discussion for the event ahead.
- The second and third day had opening Plenary sessions, followed by concurrent breakout sessions that attendees could choose from. The breakout sessions were repeated twice per day to give attendees the opportunity to participate in sessions they may not have been able to attend the first time around.
- Sponsor booths were scheduled after breakout sessions to encourage interaction with the different sponsors.
The Story:America Votes is the coordination hub of the progressive community, working with over 400 state and national partner organizations to advance progressive policies. The America Votes State Summit is the annual event that brings together hundreds of state-based organizers, national political strategists, donors and others from across the progressive independent expenditure community. Using Run The World, they were able to engage with one another through the one-on-one conversation, and listen to different expert panels, without having to leave their houses. This created an opportunity to bring on speakers who may not have had the chance to join with an in-person event, and made it more accessible for those living outside of Washington DC, where the event usually takes place.
How America Votes State Summit uses RTW:
- Sign Language interpreter in each session.
- Fireside chats and panels with leaders within the progressive community.
- Parallel-track workshops to allow for deeper discussion.
- A behind the scenes team member using "Invisible Moderator Mode" to help use the features of Run The World without being visible on stage.